We’ve been hearing a fair bit of Canon EOS 7D MK II rumors for quite a while now, and thanks to the folks at Canon Rumors, they have received a tip from a source with regards to additional information about the upcoming device. While we’ve seen the specifications in leaks, the recent tip from their source has revealed that these specifications are actually far from complete, suggesting that perhaps Canon has yet to settle on a final list of specifications for the device.
However their source goes on to “confirm” that it will sport the same 20.2MP sensor as the EOS 70D, along with Dual Pixel AF and built-in GPS. Interestingly enough it seems that there is no WiFi in the EOS 7D MK II at the moment, which is odd given that WiFi seems to be a pretty common feature these days in cameras, even in some low-end ones as well. Since the spec list is supposedly not final, we’re guessing it is possible that WiFi could be included in the final product, although that is just speculation at this point in time. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but with the EOS 7D MK II rumored for a 2014 launch, here’s hoping we’ll be getting some more concrete specs along the way.
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy
- 2014-02-28: Canon EOS M2 Will Be Arriving To The US [Updated]