It was very recently that we brought you word concerning a Chromecast update which broke the app that supports the streaming of local content, but thankfully, it seems that all the king’s horses and all the king’s men are able to put back this “Humpty Dumpty” together again. Google has introduced a glimmer of hope for those of you who are sad that local content streaming is no longer supporting, touting that sometime down the road, there is the possibility of official support heading your way.
Who knows? Google might have introduced the update which disables streaming of local content by purpose, perhaps to placate copyright holders who might have been biting on their fingernails about a device that can stream video from approved apps with the potential to do the same from any Android app to boot. Google officials mentioned that they are “excited to being more content to Chromecast and would like to support all types of apps, including those for local content.” What do you think of this particular scenario, and do you think that Google will eventually relent and perform a U turn on this particular decision? Independent developers would clearly love Google to do so, that I am sure.RELATED
- Vuzix M2000AR First Smartglasses To Use Waveguide Optical Technology
- Samsung Will Reportedly Focus On Smartphone Accessories And Peripherals In 2014
- Amazon Prime Air Video Wasn't Shot In The U.S.
- Chromecast Gets Ten New Content Partners
- ZowPow Plush Toy Controller Targets Kids
- Follow: chromecast, Google,
- Seen at: liliputing