If you were planning on picking up the Moto X smartphone and getting it customized, you might be aware that Motorola did promise you a 4-day wait as they build it and ship it right to your doorstep. However it looks like that 4-day shipping day has slipped and according to reports, it has actually doubled and now according to Motorola’s Moto Maker website, estimated shipping time has been doubled to 8 days. Granted 8 days isn’t too long a wait, but we guess there are customers out there who might not be too pleased about it.
However since this is a new phone and the Moto Maker is a new feature that is being offered to customers, we aren’t surprised that there might be some delays at the start as Motorola works out the kinks and streamlines the entire process. Motorola had also initially warned that there could be delays but hopefully it will be sorted out soon. Of course if you’re planning on picking up a stock Moto X in either its black or white finish, you can expect to receive it in a reasonable timeframe, but for those looking for a customized handset (read AT&T customers), you could be in for a wait.
- 2014-04-13: Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-03-07: Motorola Moto X College Collection Launched