Yesterday Blizzard announced the new Diablo 3 expansion, Reaper of Souls, but unfortunately what the developer failed to mention was its release date. Well for those wondering when they might be able to get their hands on the game, it seems that if you were hoping for a 2013 release you might be disappointed as it looks like 2014 has been revealed to be its release. The date, along with the box art of the game, has been spotted at the bottom of the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls page with the tagline reading, “Coming 2014”. Unfortunately no specific dates has been mentioned, meaning that we could expect to see it anytime from early 2014, to the end of 2014, but either way gamers will be in for a wait.
Given that Blizzard has also been known to push back releases to fine tune and polish up their games to meet their quality standards, we wouldn’t be completely surprised if the 2014 date is a “flexible” one. In any case this is an expansion that we’re sure Diablo 3 gamers are looking forward to as not only does it introduce a new character class in the form of the Crusader, but Blizzard has also introduced a new act, a new final boss, along with a host of changes made to the looting system that hopefully will make the grind a little more bearable.
- 2014-04-09 Diablo 3 Nephalem Rifts Cleared In Under 4 Minutes
- 2014-04-03 Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Shifts 2.7 Million Copies So Far, Digital And Physical Versions Combined
- 2014-03-25 Blizzard Evaluating Diablo 3's Future After Reaper Of Souls Release
- 2014-03-25 Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Is Now Live
- 2014-03-24 Diablo 3 For Xbox One Confirmed To Be In The Works
- 2014-03-18 Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Launch Trailer Released