If basketball is your game of choice but you think you could stand to use some improvement, why not let technology help, right? Of course there’s the saying that practice makes perfect, but with the EVO ONE, you will now be able to get some feedback on your game even if you don’t have any coaches or peers around. So what is the EVO ONE? Well as you can see in the photo above, the EVO ONE is basically a sensor that is inserted into a specially made basketball. Thanks to a built-in gyroscope, the sensor will be able to detect things such as backspin and will even emit a whistle when the ball is shot “correctly”, allowing players to identify when they have made a good shot so that they will be able to recreate it.
Of course there’s no guarantee that the EVO ONE will make you the next NBA superstar, but for those looking to correct their free throws and accuracy, we don’t see why the EVO ONE can’t help with that. As for the ball itself, it is standard weight and size, meaning that you will be able to use it on the courts and hoops with no issue. As it stands the EVO ONE is a Kickstarter project looking for funding and is about $18,000 into its $45,000 goal at this time of posting. If you’d like to learn more or help fund the project, hit up its Kickstarter page for the details.
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10