Later this year, perhaps not during Apple’s rumored 10th of September event, Apple is expected to announce a new iPad and iPad mini. Given that it would have been almost a year since the last generation was announced, we expect Apple will be looking to introduce new models this year. Thanks to French website, Nowhereelse.fr, it seems that they have managed to get their hands on a photo supposedly that of the iPad 5’s rear shell, which as you can see in the photo above, is seen lying underneath the rear shell of the iPad mini.
At this point in time we’re not sure if the iPad mini’s rear shell is that of the next-gen model, or perhaps just a different finish that will be offered for the current-gen. However what is interesting is that the rumors appear to be spot on in the sense that the fifth-gen iPad is expected to take design cues from the iPad mini which we can clearly see in the photo above. Of course there’s no telling if these components are the real deal, so take it with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys think?
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"