We’ve been hearing a number of rumors circulating around Samsung’s upcoming smartwatch product, which is being called the Galaxy Gear. One such rumor is when Samsung is getting set to announce the device, which is expected to occur on September 4 prior to IFA. Today, we’re learning a bit more regarding the Galaxy Gear.
According to an “insider” who spoke with SamMobile, Samsung is expected to offer its Galaxy Gear in multiple color options. The colors that should be available at launch is white, gray, black and orange, which Samsung will most likely be tweaking the names of the colors a bit as they’ve done for the majority of their mobile products.
The Galaxy Gear is believed to start shipping out in either September and October in these four colors, with a special White Gold version expected to start shipping a week after the initial release of the device. It’s unknown at this time if the White Gold Galaxy Gear will be exclusive to a specific region or carrier, so if you’re hoping to pick the smartwatch in this color, keep on the lookout when and where it’ll be made available. More color options are also expected to be announced after the launch of the Galaxy Gear, although as with all rumors, take all of this information with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-09: iFixit: Samsung Gear 2 Battery Easily Replaced
- 2014-04-07: Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-03-18: Galaxy Gear Price Drops Significantly In Canada
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-19: Multiple Galaxy Gear Models Expected At MWC 2014
- 2014-02-16: AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut
- 2013-09-05: Over 70 Apps Promised For Samsung Galaxy Gear
- 2013-09-03: Galaxy Gear Smartwatch Might Be Too Expensive [Analyst]
- 2013-08-16: Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch To Be Unveiled On September 4 [Rumor]