Google Hangouts has been a great improvement over Google’s previous fragmented services that would have users firing up different programs for different services. In Google Hangouts, you can chat, send images and initiate a video or voice chat at any time, but what if you need to know something that your friends can’t possibly know? Enter Google Helpouts.
Google is announcing its newest service, called Google Helpouts, that would give experts a way to connect with those who need their expertise across a number of topics. Helpouts would be powered by Google+ Hangouts and will be available across all of the service’s existing platforms. Google Helpouts would be able to schedule, pay, rank, and hunt down customers, and as a result, Google would take 20% of the expert’s profits. Experts will be able to charge by the minute, by the session or they can offer their expertise for free.
At this point, only a select number of categories are available on Google Helpouts, which include Computers & Electronics, Home & Garden and Cooking, although Google is currently inviting people to sign up for its upcoming public release, which would support more topics. I wonder if “Pokemon Trainer” would be a topic of expertise anyone would be interested in?
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2013-12-10 Google Hangouts App Update Improves SMS, MMS Messaging
- 2013-10-29 Google Hangouts SMS Support Is Finally Here
- 2013-08-14 Google+ For Android Ditches Messenger For Hangouts
- 2013-07-10 Google Rolls Out Voice Support In Hangouts
- 2013-05-21 Google Hangouts To Receive Voice Support 'Soon'