Earlier this year Gran Turismo 6 was announced much to the delight of fans around the world. Unfortunately the game was announced for the PlayStation 3, which was a little weird given that Sony had already unveiled the PlayStation 4 and many had presumed Gran Turismo 6 would arrive on the PS4. The semi-good news back then was that a PS4 version of the game was being planned, but speaking recently during gamescom 2013 in Germany, Polyphony Digital’s CEO, Kazunori Yamauchi, revealed that by the time Gran Turismo 6 made its way onto the PS4, it could very well have evolved to Gran Turismo 7 by then.
This was a hypothetical scenario that Yamauchi imagined as it would take a while for Gran Turismo 6 to arrive on the PS4, along with the uncertainty that the vision of Gran Turismo 6 would be able to carry over to Gran Turismo 7. Unfortunately this doesn’t leave us with much to work on since it doesn’t deny nor does it confirm that the game will arrive on the PlayStation 4. In any case for gamers looking forward to Gran Turismo 6, you might want to hold off on selling your PlayStation 3 for now.
Next Story: Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition Announced
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: inFAMOUS Second Son PS4 Patch Arrives April 17th
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-21: PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0 Being Investigated By Sony
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-11-27: Sony To Adjust PS4 PSN Game Prices In Europe
- 2013-05-16: Gran Turismo 6 For The PS4 Is A Possibility