Whenever a particular device is about to be released to the market, you can be sure that the rumor vultures would be circling it, waiting to pounce on whatever “bone” that is thrown out, and of course, it remains to the reader to discern whether that particular rumor is true or not, and sometimes, common sense would come in to prevail, too. The “non-final” press image of what is alleged to be the HTC One Max that we saw yesterday? It might seem to be the real deal, but HTC has stepped forward to say that it is but a fake.
According to leading HTC’s senior global online communications manager Jeff Gordon who commented over at Engadget, “Fake. @evleaks is way off his game”. Gordon did clarify over his Twitter account @urbanstrata, touting, “Me: Try to make a helpful comment on @engadget about the company I work for. Engadget commenter: ‘Get out of here, troll’.” Guess that’s that for the moment, as the HTC One Max, also known as the HTC T6 if model names and numbers are your cup of tea, would probably look different from what we have seen so far, and as to whether that is a good or bad thing, I leave it entirely to you.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2013-11-27: HTC One Max Review
- 2013-11-13: HTC One Max Release Date Pegged For November 15 On Sprint
- 2013-10-23: HTC One Max Passes Through FCC With Sprint LTE Bands
- 2013-10-15: Sprint Offers HTC One Max With Unlimited Data Experience
- 2013-10-14: HTC One Max Announced With Fingerprint Scan Feature