Earlier we had reported that according to expectations, Apple is said to begin seeding iOS 7 beta 6 to developers starting next week, but surprisingly it looks like Apple has decided to seed the beta today! Beta 6 appears to be a pretty small update and weighs in at 13.5MB and for developers, it is available for download via Software Update. The full list of changes and new features has yet to be fully discovered, but for now it is expected to filled with the usual bug fixes and several improvements, and we expect that new additions or changes to be uncovered in the next few weeks.
Interestingly this update comes a week after iOS 7 beta 5 and many expected at least a two week period before the next release, but apparently this update is said to deal with an emergency regarding iTunes in the Cloud that needed a workaround, hence the earlier than expected release. In any case according to the rumors, this could be the last beta release of iOS 7 before Apple prepares the Gold Master build, which for those unfamiliar, is the final build that everyone should expect when it is pushed out to the masses which could take place on the 10th of September alongside Apple’s new iPhone announcements.
- 2014-04-07: iOS 7 Adoption Rate Now Sits At An Impressive 87%
- 2014-04-03: iOS 7 Bug Allows The Bypassing Of Activation Lock
- 2014-03-26: iOS 7.1 Bug Lets You Hide Native Apps In Plain Sight
- 2014-03-24: iOS 7 Adoption Rate Now Sits At 85%
- 2014-03-18: iOS 7.1 Reportedly Causing A Myriad Of Problems For iOS Users