Pictures of a redesigned purported iPad 5 rear housing have been posted online. Only yesterday pictures of the purported front panel of Apple’s next generation iPad surfaced. It is believed that the new tablet will come with significant design changes, the new iPad is expected to look quite similar to the iPad mini. There have been countless rumors about this and the parts that have leaked up till now hint at this possibility as well. It was rumored yesterday that Apple might release the new tablet alongside the iPhones on September 10th, but that rumor has been rubbished. Apple is expected to unveil the new iPad and iPad mini 2 later this year.
The purported front panel we saw yesterday showed off slim bezels. The rear housing we see in these pictures is similar to the one that was leaked a few days ago. Both parts show design similarities with the iPad mini. Rumor has it that the next generation iPad will also be thinner and lighter than its predecessor, this possibility has been reiterated once again today. The pictures have been provided by Sonny Dickson, who has already leaked quite a few components of the iPad mini 2 as well as the two new iPhones Apple is expected to unveil next month.
- 2013-10-22: iPad Air Overview
- 2013-10-21: iPad 5 May Get A Keyboard Smart Cover Of Its Own [Rumor]
- 2013-10-14: Purported Gold iPad 5 And iPad 2 Mini Leaked
- 2013-10-14: iPad Mini With Retina Display Reportedly Bit Thicker Due To Bigger Battery
- 2013-10-14: Retina iPad Mini Won't Be Announced On October 22nd [Analyst]
- 2013-10-02: iPad 5 Purported Casing In Space Gray [Video]
- 2013-09-29: Alleged iPad 5 Rear Casing Compared With iPad 4 And iPad Mini
- 2013-09-27: iPad 5 Purported Schematics Hint At Design And Dimensions
- 2013-08-28: New iPads Reportedly Not Launching On September 10th
- 2013-08-28: Allegedly Leaked iPad 5 Front Panel Reveals Slim Bezels