Apple’s much rumored budget iPhone is widely known as the iPhone 5C, though this moniker hasn’t been officially confirmed, the company might end up calling this smartphone something else. Apple is expected to unveil iPhone 5C next month at an event on September 10th, the event has also not been confirmed as yet. Almost every other day we heard rumors about the iPhone 5C, we’ve seen identical purported casings leak each and every day. Today, a video of one such casing being subjected to a scratch test has been posted online.
The video was posted by Apple Daily, a Taiwanese website. The purported casing is thrown into a plastic bag with keys and shaken. We also see the back being scratched with a car key. It appears that the polycarbonate shell of iPhone 5C will be resistant to such scratches. However this isn’t exactly a full blown durability test. For example, we still don’t know how the casing will perform if it falls flat on the sidewalk or any other surface. Without the display, caliper measurements of this casing reveal a thickness of 8.98mm. This is greater than the iPhone 5, which is only 7.6mm thick despite the fact that it is fashioned out of aluminium and glass.
Next Story: Google Glass Banned At Guantanamo Bay
- 2014-03-19 Analyst Doesn't Think 8GB iPhone 5c And Relaunched iPad 4 Will Have Much Impact On Apple's March/June Quarters
- 2014-03-18 Apple Explains Why They Launched The 8GB iPhone 5c
- 2013-10-01 Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29 iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16 iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-12 ChargeKey Is A Lightning Cable Small Enough To Fit On Your Keychain
- 2013-09-10 Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-09-08 iPhone 5C Alleged Logic Board Leaks