Earlier this summer, we heard the iPhone 5S could be coming in gold, which would make those of you who appreciate a gold-covered device extremely happy as you may be given the option to do so from the get-go. Japan’s Macotakara claimed the iPhone 5S could be getting a gold variant, and yesterday, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo also believes a gold iPhone 5S could be coming soon.
A gold iPhone 5S isn’t the only thing Kuo predicted would be made available for purchase later this year as he also claims the smartphone will have an 128GB storage option as well as claiming it’ll include a new A7 system-on-a-chip, which will be based on ARM’s 64-bit ARMv8 architecture. But wait – there’s more as Kuo also believes the iPhone 5S could come with a sapphire home button and the often-rumored fingerprint sensor.
At this point, Apple will either announce the iPhone 5S with some major improvements, or analysts like Kuo are just shooting blindly into their prediction targets and hoping something sticks. Considering previous iPhones that end in “S” tend to offer just an improvement to its internal specs, the iPhone 5S may be looking to break that previous trend considering how much it seems they’re putting into the smartphone based on analyst predictions and possible leaks.
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2013-11-01: Boost Mobile iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Pricing Revealed
- 2013-10-25: iPhone 5s Supplies Are Now Even Shorter [Analyst]
- 2013-10-21: iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C Headed To Boost Mobile November 8
- 2013-10-20: iPhone 5s TV Ad Runs
- 2013-10-17: Apple iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Prices In France Raised