Three of the biggest U.S. carriers, Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, are backing a mobile payments solution called Isis. The solution is currently being tested at more than 4,000 locations in Austin and Salt Lake City. The company said last month that national rollout of the service will begin this year. T-Mobile stores are now receiving Isis ready SIM cards ahead of the nationwide rollout.
Some of these SIM cards are said to be pre-packaged with the Samsung Galaxy S4. Isis is currently on track for nationwide launch later this year, out of the top 100 retailers 25 have already jumped on-board. Isis will work with American Express, Chase Freedom and Capital One credit cards. The app will store credit cards, loyalty cards and offers. NFC technology plays a pivotal role, users will be able to make payments at terminals and registers by simply swiping their phones. The Isis app is only available for Android right now, seeing as how there’s no iPhone out yet that comes with NFC built-in. Isis said recently that iPhone support is coming soon. The next generation iPhone that Apple is expected to release next month is said to have NFC technology, but there’s no confirmation about that just yet. [Image via TmoNews]RELATED
- Google Search Updated, Will Launch Apps From Search Results
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- BBM Shows Signs Of Popularity In India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines
- BlackBerry 10.2.1 Reportedly Launching In January 2014
- Study Finds iPhone Most Expensive In Jordan And India
- Follow: isis, next generation iphone, t-mobile,