The original plan was that come 5th of August, the ITC’s ban on older Apple devices like the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPad 2 3G will be banned from being sold in the US. Granted these are Apple’s latest products, the fact that they will be banned will undoubtedly make Apple look bad. As it turns out it looks like the ITC has decided that they will be needing a bit more time to decide if these products should be banned as they have decided to extend the decision where the final ruling will be taking place on the 9th of August.
Coincidentally the 9th of August is also when Apple and Samsung are both expected to meet and present their oral arguments in the Apple v. Samsung case in which Samsung was initially found guilty of patent infringement, a decision which would have awarded Apple a cool $1 billion in damages. Interestingly it was just the other day that four US Senators appealed to the Trade Representative to urge him to think about the implications of such a ban which could set a precedent in which companies in the future could abuse to their advantage.
In any case if you were wondering about the outcome of the ITC ban, it looks like we’ll have to wait until the 9th of August for the final decision.
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-08: Apple Seeks $2.2 Billion In Damages From Samsung
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Sues South Korean Publication Over Negative Galaxy S5 Press
- 2014-04-07: Leaked Document Reveals How Samsung Viewed Apple As An "Extremely Real" Threat
- 2014-04-06: White House Had Legal Talks With Samsung Over Recent Selfie
- 2014-04-04: Internal Email Reveals Apple's Sales Team's Worry About The Competition