It was just yesterday when we brought you word that the Kyocera Hydro Elite is set to arrive on Verizon Wireless this 29th of August, 2013, and for those living on the East coast, that time is now. In fact, you can check out the ad above concerning the Kyocera Hydro Elite which will see famed adventurer Bear Grylls unveil the device during his off-air season.
I guess having such a character use the Kyocera Hydro Elite makes plenty of sense, especially when you consider just how hardy this particular smartphone is, being an IPX7-certified water resistant smartphone that is capable of lasting for up to 30 minutes under water, as long as it does not go beyond a meter in depth, of course. Other hardware specifications of the Kyocera Hydro Elite will include a 4.3” 720p display, a dual-core 1.2GHz processor, an 8-megapixel shooter at the back with a 1.3-megapixel camera in front, NFC and LTE connectivity, and a 2100 mAh battery. It will have Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as the operating system of choice right out of the box, accompanied by some kind of proprietary skin from Kyocera. Don’t you suppose that if it is good enough for Bear Grylls, it should be good enough for the rest of us? [Product Page]
Next Story: Moto X Kernel Source Code Released
- 2014-04-14: Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-08: Kyocera Verve Announced, Headed For Sprint And Boost Mobile
- 2014-04-06: Kyocera Brigadier Tipped For Verizon
- 2013-10-07: KDDI Winter Smartphone Range Sees LG isai, Fujitsu Arrows Z, Kyocera Digno M, And Sharp Aquos Series Debut
- 2013-10-02: Kyocera Torque