We have been hearing rumors about LG launching a new Android tablet of their own, possibly in the form of the LG G Pad whose purported press render we saw the other day. In fact LG has posted a teaser video which more or less confirms the device, but for those looking for an official confirmation of sorts, LG’s CEO Jong-seok Park has recently released a statement that more or less confirms the South Korean company’s tablet plans.
According to Park, “As exemplified by our recently introduced LG G2 smartphone, we are very focused on developing innovation that reflects the needs and desires of global consumers. The LG G Pad 8.3 is the perfect form factor that delivers an exceptional viewing experience and we’re very proud to make it part of our G Series brand.” While the tablet’s existence has been confirmed, its specs haven’t, although rumor has it that it could sport a 8.3” 1920×1200 display and could be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 600 chipset, as opposed to the Snapdragon 800 as previously rumored. With IFA 2013 coming up we expect more details will be revealed then.RELATED
- Temple Run 2 Gets Santa Costume
- MIT Researchers Claim To Have Discovered Toughest Tongue Twister Of All Time
- Samsung To Introduce Smartphone With Fingerprint Sensor In 2014 [Rumor]
- OCZ Formalizes Toshiba's $35 Million Buyout Offer
- Journey Through Middle-Earth Is Another Chrome Experiment
- Seen at: pocketnow