LG is spending a lot of time and money on promoting its brand new smartphone, the LG G2. Just yesterday the company released a four minute video which details the device’s exhaustive list of features. LG has now uploaded a new promotional video in which it sends the G2 to the edge of space. The video’s purpose is to show off how the G2′s 13 megapixel camera with optical image stabilization performs. The device has brought back some stunning images from its trip to the edge of space.
The LG team on the ground attaches a G2 to a balloon and let it fly. It first reaches the troposphere and then makes its way to the stratosphere. One can see the edge of space, and the blue halo that surrounds Earth as well as the vast space beyond. It then makes its descent to the ground where LG’s team is waiting for it. The device remains fully functional even after braving sub-zero temperatures. LG has included the raw footage captured by the G2 during its trip in the promotional video. It makes for an interesting watch. The U.S. release date of LG G2 hasn’t been announced as yet, both Verizon and AT&T are rumored to release it on the 12th and 13th of next month respectively.
- 2014-04-21: LG G3 Mini Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20: The LG L65 Is Official
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-03-03: LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- 2014-02-23: AT&T's LG G2 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-21: LG G2 With KitKat Compared Against G2 With Jelly Bean
- 2014-01-15: International LG G2 To Skip Android 4.4 KitKat Update In January
- 2014-01-14: Gold LG G2 Surfaces For Sale On E-Commerce Website