There are two kinds of companies that are working on smartwatches. Companies with deep pockets, billions in R&D funds such as Samsung, Apple and Microsoft. Then there are companies that require crowdfunding to bring their ideas and concepts such as the Pebble smartwatch, HOT Watch, Agent and TrueSmart to life. LG is one that doesn’t need crowdfunding. Dimitar Vulex, manage of mobile products at LG Bulgaria, said in an interview that the company will release a smartwatch next year.
Vulex said that LG’s main focus will remain on smartphones. He adds that the company wants to make smartphones even bigger than they are right now, and that LG will launch a phablet which will be larger than the LG G2, the company’s latest Android flagship device. He also revealed LG’s tablet plans, saying that the company will enter the market once again next year. A Firefox OS smartphone has also been added to the list of devices LG will release in 2014. Vulex didn’t reveal any specific details about the LG smartwatch. He didn’t say when the gadget will be released next year. LG’s Korea based rival Samsung is expected to launch its smartwatch next month, presumably at its Galaxy Note 3 event which takes place at the IFA conference in Berlin.
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-13: Insurance Companies Could Subsidize iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-09: iWatch Circuit Board Samples Reportedly Being Sent To Apple [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08: LG G Watch Pegged For July Release, Priced At £180
- 2014-04-08: Apple iWatch Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- 2014-03-24: New LG G Watch Photo Shown Off On Facebook