Microsoft has been going absolutely insane with the amount of discounts they’ve been offering to potential Surface RT and Surface Pro customers. We saw the Surface RT get its price cut by $150 in July, and the Surface Pro’s price was cut down by $100 for a limited time. It appears the limited-time $100 discount on the Surface Pro will no longer be the case as Microsoft is announcing the price cut is here to stay.
Microsoft has said feedback is what helped make their decision to continue the discount on the Surface Pro. “The customer response to recent Surface pricing and keyboard-cover promotions has been exciting to see, and we are proud to begin rollout of Surface Pro, Touch Cover and Surface RT bundles at even more affordable prices starting August 29,” a Microsoft spokeswoman said in an email.
If you’re interested in picking up a Microsoft Surface Pro, that means you can now pick it up at its discounted price of $799 for the 64GB model and $899 for the 128GB model. Although, there’s always the possibility Microsoft is keeping the Surface Pro discounted to hopefully help sell their current stock to make way for a new version of its popular tablet. If that’s the case, then you may want to hold out on buying the current discounted Surface Pro.
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Updates Office Online With Tell Me, Commenting And More
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Product Codenames Leaked For June-July Release
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2014-01-15: Microsoft Surface Pro Receives Firmware Update
- 2013-11-12: Patch Tuesday Sees Firmware Updates For Surface, Surface 2 And Surface Pro
- 2013-10-24: Microsoft Surface Pro Receives Another $100 Price Cut
- 2013-08-14: Surface Pro Workstation Setup Boasts A Quartet Of Monitors
- 2013-08-13: Surface RT And Surface Pro Get Firmware Updates