Sony has made a number of interesting announcements today at the Gamescom conference in Cologne, Germany. The company announced that it is slashing the price of PS Vita by $50. The portable gaming console is now available for $199.99. Sony also finally announced the release date of PlayStation 4, its next generation console. In North America, the console is going to be released on November 15th. Another interesting announcement to come out of Sony today is the confirmation that Minecraft will be making its way to the PS4.
Unfortunately, Sony hasn’t provided any more details about Minecraft for PlayStation 4. However, it did mention that the game will also eventually become available on PS Vita and the PlayStation 3 as well. No launch details have been provided, its features have not been detailed as well. Minecraft is a very popular PC game. The only console it has been available on so far is the Xbox 260. At the E3 conference, Microsoft announced that Minecraft would be coming over to the Xbox One. Minecraft afficionados will definitely appreciate the fact that this game has now been confirmed for both next generation consoles. If you’ve not been able to make up your mind, might I suggest that you go through our Xbox One vs PS4 feature to get an idea of how these consoles stack up against each other.
Next Story: PS4 November 15th Release Date Confirmed
- 2014-04-23 Minecraft Terrain Creator Spotted
- 2014-04-22 Walking Dead: Game Of The Year Edition Listed On GameStop
- 2014-04-21 Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Candy Texture Pack Now Available
- 2014-04-17 Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-16 Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-13 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-07 The Simpsons Couch Gag Gets A Minecraft Theme