There are two kinds of Android users. There are users who don’t worry about carrier bloatware and skins slapped on top of Google’s mobile OS. Then there are users who prefer the pure vanilla Android experience, opting to use the mobile OS just the way Google designed it. Users often root their devices and install custom ROMs to mimic pure Android experience, while some manufacturers release two editions of one smartphone to cater to both kinds of users. HTC One is a prime example, the Google Play Edition comes with pure Android, all other variants come with modified versions. The MoDaCo.SWITCH ROM eliminates the need for purchasing two devices for two experiences. Currently only available for HTC One, it has been announced today that MoDaCo.SWITCH for Samsung Galaxy S4 release in beta version tomorrow.
A funding campaign to bring this ROM over to Galaxy S4 started off last month, the £1,000 was soon achieved. The first beta of MoDaCo.SWITCH for Galaxy S4 model i9505 will be released tomorrow. The beta build is only being released to those who backed the funding campaign, there’s no reason to worry if you didn’t back the campaign. Once best testing is completed, the ROM will be released for everyone to download and use on their Samsung Galaxy S4. No word on how long the beta phase will last.
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-03-10: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Android 4.4.2 Update Rolling Out
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG