The Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch does seem to be having a ball of a time with curious onlookers, as details about its hardware and capabilities seem to bounce back and forth, changing from time to time. Just earlier today, we mentioned that the Galaxy Gear smartwatch might not be able to make calls after all, despite being led into thinking so in previous rumors. Well, I suppose all will be revealed this coming September 4th (hopefully), with rumored hardware specifications as at press time that point to the following – a dual-core 1.5GHz Samsung Exynos 5412 CPU with an ARM Mali-400 MP4 GPU, 1GB RAM, a 1.67” AMOLED display at 320 x 320 resolution, a 2-megapixel camera, in addition to Bluetooth and NFC connectivity.
It does seem as though the camera will come integrated with the strap, where tiny speakers are strategically located in the clasp of the watch, although one does wonder just how loud the sound can get when we are talking about such a small form factor. Not only that, Bluetooth 4.0 LE is tipped to be supported, which is a good thing if it is so – the Galaxy Gear’s battery will take less of a battering then. Something tells me that this is not going to be the last of the Galaxy Gear rumors that we will hear about.
Next Story: YouTube For Android Updated
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-07 Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-03-18 Galaxy Gear Price Drops Significantly In Canada
- 2014-02-22 Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-19 Multiple Galaxy Gear Models Expected At MWC 2014
- 2014-02-16 AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut