True to their word, it looks like Motorola’s Moto X will be arriving on other carriers “in days”, according to a recent tweet by Verizon which confirms that the handset will be making its way onto the carrier’s network come 29th of August! It will be priced at $199.99 along with a two-year contract but there is a small catch. The catch is that if you want the Moto X, you will need to place an order via Verizon’s website as the handset will not be making its way into Verizon’s retail stores for a couple of weeks, with some speculating that perhaps this might have something to do with Motorola and AT&T’s exclusivity deal.
The other catch, which in case wasn’t already obvious, is that Verizon’s Moto X will only be available in black or white as the Moto Maker feature is also an AT&T exclusive, at least for the next couple of weeks, so that’s something worth taking into consideration. Given that one of the key features of the Moto X would be its customizability, we’re guess that there will be many Verizon owners who might be holding off until the exclusivity period ends, but what do our readers think? Are you guys going to wait it out, or do you not care about the customizability that much?
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-02-23: Verizon Moto X Android 4.4.2 Update Release Soon
- 2013-12-09: Wooden Backplates For Verizon's Moto X Shown In Leaked Photo
- 2013-12-01: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint To Offer Moto X For $0.01 On Cyber Monday
- 2013-11-20: Verizon Moto X Now Selling On Amazon For $0.01
- 2013-11-19: Verizon Moto X Android 4.4 Update Released