Earlier today the Motorola Moto X smartphone was finally revealed to the masses in all of its official glory, and while its hardware specs weren’t exactly on par with what some of the high-end Android phones like the Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, and Sony Xperia Z are offering, it makes up for it by being extremely customizable. In any case it seems like a pretty solid handset but unfortunately for those living in the UK, it seems that the Moto X will not be making its way over to you guys. According to the folks at Pocket-Lint, they have been told by a Motorola spokesperson that the current Moto X will not be available in the UK.
It seems that the Moto X is a branding that Motorola will use for a family of devices, and that the UK market can expect a similarly branded product to be introduced in their market and global markets further down the liner. According to the spokesperson, “Because it is the first one, the Moto X has had a real buzz around it, but the US launch is not about the US being Motorola’s priority at all, there are devices coming to Europe. We can’t share what they are as of yet, but they are from the same family. They are cool and they are exciting and there is a lot in Europe coming up.”
Definitely a bummer for those living in the UK, Europe, and the rest of the world, but we guess there’s always the option of grey imports if you really wanted the device.
- 2014-04-13 Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06 Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06 Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01 Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17 AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-03-07 Motorola Moto X College Collection Launched