One of the key features of the Motorola Moto X smartphone would be its customizability, and while offering different colors and engravings is one way to differentiate your handset from the competition, offering it in a different material would be a step above and that’s what Motorola is doing by offering the Moto X with wooden backings. Last we heard the wooden backing option would not be available until Q4 2013 and we’re sure some of you guys are wondering if it might cost more? Presumably it would since this is beyond just offering a different coat of paint, but exactly how much?
Motorola has yet to confirm anything at the moment, but according to the source code found on Motorola’s website, it has been suggested that choosing the wooden back for your Moto X smartphone could cost you an additional $50. The code basically points at the price being zero if you were to choose a different color, but choosing a wood finish sees the price set at an additional “50”, meaning that the phone which costs $199 on contract, would cost $249 on contract with its wooden finish. Like we said Motorola has not announced any prices yet for the wooden backs, but what do you guys think? Are you put off by the additional $50 price tag?
- 2014-04-13: Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-03-07: Motorola Moto X College Collection Launched