Come 4th of September, it is almost a guarantee that Sony’s Honami, or Xperia Z1, will be announced. However in the meantime we have been treated to a bunch of teasers and leaked images, and thanks to a post by Chinese website, 365dian, high quality images of the upcoming Xperia Z1 have surfaced, giving us a clearer and more high-resolution idea of what to expect on the 4th of September. The folks at XperiaBlog speculate that there is a good chance that the device pictured is a dummy unit, and we can’t help but agree, but at the same time we expect the handset should look pretty similar upon its unveiling.
The Xperia Z1 will be the latest handset from Sony and is expected to share some of the Xperia Z’s features, such as water resistance, a 5” Full HD 1080p display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset, along with a 20MP rear-facing camera with Sony’s G Lens. While the hardware of the Xperia Z1 does not appear to be a slouch, at least on paper, its main selling point would be its camera. In the past we have seen manufacturers such as Samsung and Nokia release smartphones with powerful cameras, and we expect Sony’s Xperia Z1 20MP camera will look to compete with them. In any case check back with us on the 4th of September for the details.
Next Story: LEGO And Belkin Team Up For iPhone 5 Case
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2013-09-04: Sony Cyber-shot DSC QX100 and DSC-QX10 “Lens Style cameras”
- 2013-09-04: Sony's AS30 "Action Cam" Has Arrived
- 2013-09-04: Sony Vaio Flip PC Comes in 13, 14 and 15 Inches
- 2013-09-04: Sony Vaio Tap 21 All-In-One PC
- 2013-09-04: Sony Vaio Tap 11 Competes With The Surface Pro