Earlier today we picked up on a Bloomberg report that claimed Apple will released two new iPads on September 10th alongside the two new iPhones it is already rumored to announce on that day. This is actually the first time that we’ve heard about the possibility of Apple launching all four new products at one event, some might think that this is too good to be true. Jim Dalrymple of The Loop, who is believed to be well connected, contradicts the report from earlier today by claiming that no iPads will be launched at this event.
It is widely believed that the company’s new iPhones will be launched on September 10th. This date was initially floated last month and up till now no alternative has been rumored. Apple hasn’t said anything about its iPhone plans as of now, so one can’t really be sure that the 10th of next month is a good bet. Apple has traditionally conducted separate events for its tablet and smartphone, it seems unlikely to many that the company will break away from this tradition. The new iPads are expected to be released this year though, as per previous rumors, the release event for Apple’s new tablets might take place around the holiday season.
- 2013-10-22: iPad Air Overview
- 2013-10-21: iPad 5 May Get A Keyboard Smart Cover Of Its Own [Rumor]
- 2013-10-14: Purported Gold iPad 5 And iPad 2 Mini Leaked
- 2013-10-14: iPad Mini With Retina Display Reportedly Bit Thicker Due To Bigger Battery
- 2013-10-14: Retina iPad Mini Won't Be Announced On October 22nd [Analyst]
- 2013-10-02: iPad 5 And iPad Mini 2 To Have 8 Megapixel Rear Camera [Analyst]
- 2013-10-02: iPad 5 Purported Casing In Space Gray [Video]
- 2013-09-29: Alleged iPad 5 Rear Casing Compared With iPad 4 And iPad Mini
- 2013-09-27: iPad 5 Purported Schematics Hint At Design And Dimensions