Yesterday we shared a video from Microsoft which basically showed off the company’s Surface RT tablet against Apple’s iPad. Given that Microsoft has run into a bit of trouble with Surface RT sales, we guess the Redmond company is doing everything they can to sell as many Surface RT tablets as possible, while trying to make their competitors look bad at the same time. Well shortly after the release of the ad, Microsoft then uploaded a new ad and this time instead of featuring their own products, they compared Acer’s Iconia W3 tablet against that of the iPad mini.
We guess since Microsoft’s Surface offerings are a bit on the larger side, it wouldn’t be a fair comparison, so Acer’s diminutive offering was the obvious choice. Once again Microsoft shares the how Windows-based tablets are more advantageous over the iPad, such as how Windows-based devices can run Microsoft Office productivity suites, and used Siri’s voice to narrate the ad and essentially made the iPad mini seem like an e-reader rather than a full-fledged tablet. What do you guys think of Microsoft’s latest assault on Apple’s offerings? Could Google’s own tablets be next in Microsoft’s sights?
- 2014-04-17: Xbox Music Update For Windows Phone 8.1 Coming Next Week
- 2014-04-16: Bing.com Gets Personalized Cards
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft Discounting Windows XP Support For Enterprise
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2013-08-08: Acer To Increase Focus On Google-centric Products
- 2013-05-05: New Surface Tablet With 7.5-Inch Display Will Allegedly Sell For $399
- 2013-05-03: Acer Announces Aspire R7 Notebook Hybrid, Aspire P3 Ultrabook Convertable, Iconia A1 Android Tablet
- 2013-04-22: Acer Iconia W3 Windows 8 Tablet Purported Images Leaked