Sony today released a new firmware update for the Xperia Z Ultra, its latest Android device. A few days ago it was rumored that this update would be released within a week, that rumor has turned out to be true. The update brings a host of improvements, the biggest being Sony’x X-Reality engine for Mobile which finally makes its way to the Xperia Z Ultra.
Those who have already received the notification for this update and have installed it are contributing bits and pieces about the changes they’re discovering. Apart from X-Reality for Mobile, both battery life and video playback are said to have been improved. A new Superior Auto mode has been detected in the camera app. The native email app is said to have been enhanced. Some UI tweaks have reportedly been spotted as well. The update is rolling out in stages, it has reportedly already hit Indonesia, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Once the update has been installed, users will once again get the X-Reality for Mobile option in display settings. Since the rollout is happening in stages, it might take some time before the latest Sony Xperia Z Ultra firmware update hits your device. It shouldn’t take more than a couple of days at most.
Next Story: Oppo N1 Launches On September 23rd
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-03-09: Android 4.4 KitKat Rolling Out To Xperia Z Ultra Owners
- 2014-01-30: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-22: WiFi-Only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Officially Announced For Japan
- 2014-01-20: WiFi-only Xperia Z Ultra Seemingly Confirmed On Sony's Website
- 2014-01-10: WiFi-only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Could Be In The Works