Rumors about the next generation iPad have slowly but surely started to trickle in. Just last week we saw a purportedly leaked rear aluminium shell of Apple’s upcoming tablet. Today we get to see a video that allegedly shows off the front and rear panels of the tablet, actually showing it in a partially assembled form. To make it absolutely clear from the get go, there’s no confirmation that these panels are authentic and do in fact belong to the next generation iPad, so it is advised that you take all of this with a grain of salt.
The short 30 second video shows off both the front and rear panels, the design of the tablet looks a lot like that of iPad mini. It has been rumored before that the next generation iPad might have a design similar to the iPad mini. The bezels seem a lot thinner than they are on the current iPad, we saw this in the previous leak as well. One can also see the translucent Apple logo on the back, this is a first, considering that iPads have always had a plastic insert on the back. It is possible that these parts may belong to an early prototype. Nevertheless one thing has been consistent in all leaks up till now, the design similarity with the iPad mini.
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2013-10-02: iPad 5 Purported Casing In Space Gray [Video]
- 2013-09-29: Alleged iPad 5 Rear Casing Compared With iPad 4 And iPad Mini
- 2013-09-27: iPad 5 Purported Schematics Hint At Design And Dimensions
- 2013-09-16: Apple Will Reportedly Announce New iPads On October 15th
- 2013-08-29: iPad 5 Redesigned Purported Rear Housing Leaked
- 2013-08-13: Retina iPad Mini And Next Generation iPad Expected To Release Around The Holidays
- 2013-06-13: Next Generation iPad Displays Reportedly Being Supplied By Samsung