Just when will the Nexus 7 LTE enabled tablet arrive in the market? Well, there are signs from Japan as well as Europe which will point in the direction of some time this coming mid-September, and this has increased the hopes of some that a similar rollout might happen in the US market, too, although nothing concrete has been confirmed just yet. One of the earliest pointers that the Nexus 7 LTE model might arrive in the middle of September hailed from the Land of the Rising Sun when Google made an announcement of the Nexus 7’s launch in that part of the world earlier this week, where there was also mention from Japan’s Ascii.jp that carried whispers of the LTE model being available in mid-September.
On a different continent, there are also reports of a similar timing trickling in from the UK. Google themselves have remained mum on the situation in the US, as at point of publishing, only the Wi-Fi model of the Nexus 7 is available. You can be quite sure that when a Nexus 7 LTE model is announced, it will rack up its fair share of purchases, although the $349 price of entry might prove to be prohibitive to some of us out there.
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-12: pCell Technology Could Help Carriers Provide Better Reception And Speeds
- 2014-02-26: ASUS Nexus 7 Dock Now On Sale
- 2014-02-19: Surface 2 With LTE Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-02-18: Broadcom Forging Ahead With 300 Mbps Cat6 LTE
- 2014-02-17: AT&T LTE Moto G Possible
- 2013-09-17: Nexus 7 LTE Factory Images Available