We had earlier reported that due to poor sales forecast, Nikon will be making some changes to the way they do their business, and one of them is to reconsider their product planning with regards to their Nikon 1 lineup of cameras. However it turns out that there might be more changes that Nikon will be making, and one of them would be to release a new entry-level DSLR camera, which presumably will fall under the company’s D3XXX line.
We’re not sure what the goal of an entry-level DSLR will do for the company, but off the top of our heads we can only imagine that entry-level cameras will be able to attract more customers, which could lead to an increase in sales. It is also possible that due to the shrinking compact camera market that Nikon could be looking towards DSLRs as its main seller. In any case there’s really no telling what Nikon will be announcing, but we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more information, so check back with us in the future for more updates.
- 2014-04-10: Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10: Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09: Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28: Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2014-03-14: Nikon 1 V3 Official Sample Photos Released