Compact camera shipments are down in a recent study, which some have attributed to our smartphones being more than capable of taking amazing photos, thus doing away with the need for compact cameras. Mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the other hand are in a different category as they offer more professional features that a professional photographer would need, but it seems that even in the mirrorless camera market, Nikon isn’t doing too well.
According to Nikon’s first quarter results, it was found that regional sales targets were missed worldwide, which they too blame as the result of the decline in demand for compact cameras. As a result Nikon has lowered their estimates for sales volume, amount, and operating income for the entire fiscal year, and to make it worse, Nikon has also revealed that they are reconsidering the product planning of the Nikon 1, although we’re not sure what they mean by that – could they mean they are reconsidering putting out more Nikon 1 models, or reconsidering how they should approach the mirrorless market?
Next Story: Stained Glass Labs Glazed Conference Announced
- 2014-04-10: Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10: Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09: Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28: Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2014-03-14: Nikon 1 V3 Official Sample Photos Released