We’ve recently been hearing rumors that Nokia is working on a phablet and a tablet. The Finnish manufacturer is yet to confirm anything, but according to a report by Reuters, Nokia is going to unveil new devices with “large screens” next month. Citing sources familiar with the manufacturer’s plans, the report claims Nokia will be unveiling these new devices to revamp the Lumia lineup as well as challenge Samsung’s dominance in the phablet market. Samsung is expected to unveil its brand new phablet, the Galaxy Note 3, in September as well.
The sources mentioned in the report don’t reveal any information about specifications or pricing, but do say that the new devices will include a phablet. Only recently it was rumored that Nokia has a phablet up its sleeve, codenamed Bandit. The phablet reportedly has a 6 inch 1080p display, a quadcore Qualcomm processor and a 20 megapixel rear camera. It is said to have a slight hump at the back to accomodate like the Lumia 925 the camera sensor. Rumor has it that the phablet is currently being tested by AT&T and will be released in the U.S. later this year. Reuters’ report doesn’t explicitly mention the Bandit, so its best to take unofficial information regarding Nokia’s supposed phablet with a grain of salt.RELATED
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Free, Ad-Supported Spotify For Mobile Rumored To Launch Next Week
- Samsung Could Be Looking To Bring Android 4.4 KitKat To Older Devices
- Oppo Find 7 Could Feature 5.7" 2K Display With Snapdragon 805 Chipset [Rumor]
- Some Galaxy S5 Models Rumored To Come With LDS Antenna Technology
- Follow: Galaxy Note 3, Nokia, phablet,