We’ve recently been hearing rumors that Nokia is working on a phablet and a tablet. The Finnish manufacturer is yet to confirm anything, but according to a report by Reuters, Nokia is going to unveil new devices with “large screens” next month. Citing sources familiar with the manufacturer’s plans, the report claims Nokia will be unveiling these new devices to revamp the Lumia lineup as well as challenge Samsung’s dominance in the phablet market. Samsung is expected to unveil its brand new phablet, the Galaxy Note 3, in September as well.
The sources mentioned in the report don’t reveal any information about specifications or pricing, but do say that the new devices will include a phablet. Only recently it was rumored that Nokia has a phablet up its sleeve, codenamed Bandit. The phablet reportedly has a 6 inch 1080p display, a quadcore Qualcomm processor and a 20 megapixel rear camera. It is said to have a slight hump at the back to accomodate like the Lumia 925 the camera sensor. Rumor has it that the phablet is currently being tested by AT&T and will be released in the U.S. later this year. Reuters’ report doesn’t explicitly mention the Bandit, so its best to take unofficial information regarding Nokia’s supposed phablet with a grain of salt.
Next Story: Vivo X3 Spotted In China
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2013-08-20: Nokia RM-940 'Bandit' Phablet Receives Bluetooth SIG Certification
- 2013-05-14: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release Reportedly Slated For Later This Year
- 2013-01-16: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 To Be Exynos 5 Octa Powered With 6.3-Inch Display [Rumor]