It is believed that Nokia is developing a 6 inch 1080p full HD display touting phablet which it will release around the holiday season. Rumors about this device are slowly trickling in, this phablet is said to have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quadcore processor and a 20 megapixel rear camera. Bluetooth SIG filing reveals that the model number of this phablet might be RM-940. We’ve previously known this phablet by its codename, which is “Bandit.”
Yesterday’s rumor about the Bandit claimed that the device will have a small hump on its back, like the Lumia 925. The hump would be there to accommodate its 20 megapixel camera. The phablet itself is said to be made from polycarbonate, it is also said to be very thin and lightweight. This would actually be the first Nokia and Windows Phone device to tout a full HD 1080p display as well as a quadcore processor. The phablet may become part of the Lumia lineup. Nokia’s Lumia smartphone have done relatively well in the global smartphone market. There’s no concrete information regarding the release of the Bandit or RM-940, Nokia hasn’t even acknowledged the existence of this phablet. As per rumors, Nokia is likely to announce this device in the holiday season.
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2013-08-22: Nokia Reportedly Unveiling Multiple Devices Next Month