After an extremely successful Kickstarter campaign, the OUYA Android gaming console launched this year and boasted close to 500 games at launch, and while the console made the headlines across tech blogs on the internet, for the not-so-savvy customer, OUYA would definitely need a way to grab their attention right? And what better way to grab a customer’s attention other than to create a catchy or interesting advertisement, which is what the folks at OUYA seem to have done. The original video has since been made private via OUYA’s YouTube channel, but thankfully someone managed to get their hands on the video and has since uploaded a mirror of it.
The ad itself is pretty weird but basically highlights how the console has access to Android games, which in general are a lot cheaper compared to actual console games that could easily set you back $60 per title. We’re not sure what OUYA was thinking when they made this video, but admittedly it is pretty unique and interesting, albeit in a gross kind of way. If you have a minute to spare, you can check it out in the video above.
- 2014-03-06: $200 M.O.J.O. Gets OUYA Everywhere Support
- 2014-03-03: OUYA Looks Beyond The TV
- 2014-02-02: Ouya 16GB Launches At $129
- 2013-11-18: Ouya Debuts Refreshed Console With All White Limited Edition Model
- 2013-10-24: Ouya Rolling Out Nationwide Through Target With Demo Kiosks