Over the past couple of weeks we’ve seen signs and hints that BlackBerry could be working on a Porsche design phone possibly going by the moniker of P’9982. Well thanks to a forum member over at CrackBerry, xsacha, they have managed to dig through the operating system and revealed some hidden elements of the upcoming device which seems to “confirm” that the P’9982, or whatever it will be called, will sport a rather unique interface. Given that the Porsche design P’9881 had a unique interface compared to other BlackBerry 7 models like the Bold 9900, we guess we wouldn’t be surprised if the same treatment was given to the P’9982 as well.
The image you see above is supposedly that of the UI’s clock dial, which we’re sure BlackBerry users will be well aware that it is different from the current clock dial on BlackBerry 10 devices. It looks like it has been designed using the Porsche font and to a certain extent it looks “classy” and high-end, which is typical of Porsche cars to begin with. There’s no word on when BlackBerry will announce this device, perhaps alongside the A10/Z30? In any case we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more info, so check back with us at a later date for the details.
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Optimistic That Handset Business Will Be Profitable By 2015
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Will Be Officially Known As The BlackBerry Classic
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Claims He Was Misquoted On Handset Division Sale
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Renamed 'BlackBerry Classic'
- 2014-03-24: Alleged BlackBerry 10.3 Screenshots Leaked
- 2014-03-20: Possible BlackBerry Windermere 5-Inch Display Component Leaked
- 2014-03-14: New BlackBerry Kopi Images Leaked
- 2014-02-16: Alleged BlackBerry Jakarta/Z3 Render Leaked
- 2013-07-30: BlackBerry 10 Battery Cover Hints At Possible Porsche Edition