Sony rolled out an update to its PlayStation Store, or rather, its Sony Entertainment Network that allows patrons to purchase their digital goods through PayPal in addition to the standard method of using a credit card or prepaid card. We assume Sony didn’t think three payment options were good enough when it comes to all of the digital goods they have for sale every day, which is probably why the company has rolled out an additional payment method which would use your mobile phone account in order to make a payment.
The process of adding your mobile account to your PlayStation Network account is made easy as you can add it through the PlayStation Store while on your PlayStation 3, or you could always visit the account management tab on the Sony Entertainment Network site.
Having additional payment options is never a bad thing, although in this case, we hope there is some kind of parental lock when adding a mobile account to a PlayStation Network account as we can only imagine what a bored teenager can end up buying on a Saturday night if they’re able to attach their mobile account number to their PSN account. Probably lots and lots of PSN themes featuring hot ladies.
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2013-10-22: PSN Holds Halloween Sale Dropping Prices On The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead And More
- 2013-08-30: PlayStation Plus Members Getting Rayman Origins, ICO HD, More In September
- 2013-07-18: Angry Birds Star Wars Headed To Consoles, Handhelds On October 29
- 2013-07-01: Sony Launching Summer Blast Sale Tomorrow For PS3, PS Vita Games
- 2013-04-26: PlayStation 3, PS Vita Owners Can Now Queue Downloads Via PSN Web Store