It was not too long ago when we brought you word that Samsung has started to advertise BBM for their selected range of Galaxy devices, and apparently, the particular advertisement hailed from the Ghanian arm of Samsung. In the video itself, there was no release date given, but it does pinpoint one simple fact – that BBM for Android is closer than ever before.
In a nutshell, if you happen to own a compatible Samsung Galaxy device, having access to the BBM social network would mean communicating even more with your other friends who are also on the BBM social network. Granted, there are so many different kinds of instant messaging apps out there in the market these days that you would be hard-pressed not to have a favorite, and for an Android user to rely on BBM might seem a little bit strange at first, but I am quite sure that it is an idea that many will warm up to eventually. Unfortunately, the earlier ad from Samsung Ghana concerning BBM for Android has been taken down from YouTube, so it just goes to show that it was a leak that was not meant to roll out – just yet, anyways, and we do hope to get another glimpse at it – an official one this time around, in the future. The immediate future, Samsung, you hear?
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2013-08-26: Samsung Ghana Begins Advertising BBM For Android
- 2013-08-05: BBM For Galaxy Devices To Be Available From Samsung App Store In Africa
- 2011-10-14: Samsung's ChatON now available in Android Market