We’ve been hearing a lot in regards to Samsung’s possible smartwatch as we’ve heard in the past it may include a flexible screen may be called GEAR and will possibly launch alongside the Galaxy Note 3 during a September 4th event. Apparently, those last two rumors seem to have some legs as Bloomberg is reporting the Samsung Galaxy Gear is expected to make its debut on September 4.
The Samsung Galaxy Gear will be powered by Android and will able to make phone calls, surf the Web and handle e-mails, according to sources familiar with the matter. The Galaxy Gear is expected to go on sale some time this year, which Samsung will be attempting to have it available prior to Apple’s rumored smartwatch product.
Bloomberg’s report also claims the device will work independently of your smartphone, although just how independent it can be is yet unknown considering just how much the device will act as a companion to your smartphone. Either way, we’ll certainly be keeping our eyes out for any upcoming announcements from Samsung in the coming weeks. Until then, you should practice all of your cool Dick Tracy lingo to prepare yourself for if / when the Galaxy Gear is announced.
- 2014-04-08: Apple Seeks $2.2 Billion In Damages From Samsung
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Sues South Korean Publication Over Negative Galaxy S5 Press
- 2014-04-08: Man Puts A Hammer To The Galaxy S5, Gets A Nasty Surprise
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Enables Vertical Display Orientation In Gear Fit
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Unveils New Lineup Of SD And MicroSD Cards
- 2014-04-07: Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-03-18: Galaxy Gear Price Drops Significantly In Canada
- 2013-09-05: Over 70 Apps Promised For Samsung Galaxy Gear
- 2013-09-03: Galaxy Gear Smartwatch Might Be Too Expensive [Analyst]
- 2013-08-21: Galaxy Gear Rumored To Come In Multiple Color Options