Come 4th of September, Samsung has announced that they will be holding a press event at IFA 2013 in Berlin. At that time it was strongly speculated that the company could announce the Galaxy Note 3 due to the way the event was worded, and there were also rumors that Samsung could announce their smart watch efforts, the Galaxy Gear, as well. Just in case the rumors aren’t enough and you wanted more concrete evidence that Samsung will be unveiling said devices, well how about confirmation from Samsung’s executive vice president of mobile business herself?
According to a report from the Korea Times, the executive VP, Lee Young-hee, has confirmed that come 4th of September, Samsung will be taking off the wraps of the Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy Gear smart watch. The hardware specifications remain unconfirmed at this point in time, but Lee did state that the Galaxy Gear will not be relying on a flexible display as earlier rumors seem to have suggested. “The Gear won’t have a flexible display. The new device will enhance and enrich the current smart mobile experience in many ways. It will lead a new trend in smart mobile communications. We are confident that the Gear will add meaningful momentum to the mobile industry,”
So there you have it, it looks like there will not be any surprises during Samsung’s IFA press event, but do check back with us then for the official details and specifications nonetheless!
Next Story: Moto X To Arrive On T-Mobile In September
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-09-04: Galaxy Gear Review: Hands-On
- 2013-09-04: Galaxy Note 3: Hands-On Review
- 2013-09-03: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 APKs Hint At Fingerprint Scanning Feature
- 2013-09-02: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Could Feature 2.5GB Of RAM, Not 3GB
- 2013-09-02: Samsung Galaxy Note 3's Snapdragon 800 Chipset "Confirmed" By South Korean Carrier