Earlier this year Samsung announced their new line of Exynos chipsets, the Exynos 5-series Octa-core chipsets that made its debut in devices like the Samsung Galaxy S4. In terms of marketing, hearing the word “octa” to describe the number of cores your phone has definitely sounds good, but at the same time the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset isn’t a slouch either, but unfortunately some regions got the octa-core, while other regions got the quad-core. Some were speculating that with the upcoming Galaxy Note 3, perhaps Samsung has figured out a way to get their new Exynos 5420 to play nice with regions all around the world, but it doesn’t look like that will be the case.
According to the folks at SamMobile, they have recently received information which basically states which regions in the world will be getting the Galaxy Note 3 with the Exynos 5420 (SM-N900), and which regions will get the Galaxy Note 3 with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (SM-N9005). Based on their information. The list is pretty extensive so if you’d like to take a look, hit up SamMobile’s website for the details. In the meantime SamMobile has also “confirmed” that the SM-N900 will sport an ARM Mali-T628 MP6 GPU, while the SM-N9005 will come with an Adreno 330 GPU on board.
Since Samsung has not officially announced anything yet, we suggest you take it with a grain of salt for now.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-02-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-02-20: Sprint's Galaxy Note 3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-18: Galaxy Note 3 Receives Update That Fixes Third Party Accessories
- 2014-02-05: Samsung Wants Apple's Logo Hidden During The Olympics
- 2014-02-05: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Gets A Swarovski Makeover