The folks over at XDA Developers certainly have plenty of passion concerning their respective smartphones, and one of the defining handsets from Samsung in recent years would be the revered Samsung Galaxy S2 which proved to be quite the solid base for the Galaxy S3 and subsequently, the Galaxy S4 to propel the company forward. While we heard that the Galaxy S2 might not be getting the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, things are slightly different for the Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus which has had an alleged original ROM of the upcoming Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update leaked.
The alleged leaked ROM will be based on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system, where it sports a built date of July 24. The thing is, there is no change log available for us to refer to at the moment, and neither has there been a list of the particular issues, should there be any, to watch out for. However, early adopters of this leaked ROM did mention a launcher, weather widget and lock screen that hails from the Samsung Galaxy S4, in addition to a performance that is a wee bit smoother than usual. Too bad there is no support for the coveted multi-window feature for Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus users. The official update should arrive soon in Germany first, before selected regions around the world get hold of it.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-02-05: Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus Hits Europe
- 2013-01-10: Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus Announced
- 2012-12-28: Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus To Get NFC Chip (Rumor)
- 2012-12-12: Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus And Galaxy Grand Duos Spotted
- 2012-11-20: Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus Coming In 2013?