The folks over at XDA Developers certainly have plenty of passion concerning their respective smartphones, and one of the defining handsets from Samsung in recent years would be the revered Samsung Galaxy S2 which proved to be quite the solid base for the Galaxy S3 and subsequently, the Galaxy S4 to propel the company forward. While we heard that the Galaxy S2 might not be getting the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, things are slightly different for the Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus which has had an alleged original ROM of the upcoming Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update leaked.
The alleged leaked ROM will be based on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system, where it sports a built date of July 24. The thing is, there is no change log available for us to refer to at the moment, and neither has there been a list of the particular issues, should there be any, to watch out for. However, early adopters of this leaked ROM did mention a launcher, weather widget and lock screen that hails from the Samsung Galaxy S4, in addition to a performance that is a wee bit smoother than usual. Too bad there is no support for the coveted multi-window feature for Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus users. The official update should arrive soon in Germany first, before selected regions around the world get hold of it.
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2013-02-05: Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus Hits Europe
- 2013-01-10: Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus Announced
- 2012-12-28: Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus To Get NFC Chip (Rumor)
- 2012-12-12: Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus And Galaxy Grand Duos Spotted
- 2012-11-20: Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus Coming In 2013?