Samsung has its first ever Developer Conference scheduled this October. Rumor has it that the company will officially launch its Tizen platform at this conference. The focus of this conference is said to be on Tizen, where Samsung will conduct numerous sessions to tell developers more about the platform and their vision for it. Samsung’s first Tizen handset is also rumored to be unveiled at this event. There’s a new rumor circulating now which claims that Samsung might release the much rumored S Cloud service with Tizen 3.0, which is due to be released in 2014.
Rumors about the S Cloud service have been around for a long, long time. They started off prior to the launch of Galaxy S3. We heard more before the Galaxy Note 2 launch, but even after nearly two years, the service continues to elude us. Rumor has it that S Cloud development will finish by the end of this year, leaving it ready for a 2014 launch along with Tizen 3.0. S Cloud is going to be Samsung’s answer to iCloud and Google Drive, its a cloud storage service. The company is rumored to switch to Tizen from Android in the future, having its own cloud storage service would mean that its devices will no longer have to rely on Google’s cloud service. However, it is expected that Samsung won’t abruptly shift from Android to Tizen, the process may take a considerable amount of time.
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-03-17: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo SDK Released
- 2014-02-24: 'Too Early' For Tizen Smartphone: Samsung co-CEO [Report]
- 2014-02-23: Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Run Tizen
- 2014-02-03: Tizen Delay Apparently Due To Low Carrier Support