While Samsung might not be announcing their Windows Phone devices on the same level as their Android products, it does not mean that the South Korean tech giant has no plans for additional devices, and thanks to a mysterious device popping up online, it seems that we can expect Samsung to roll out a new Windows Phone device with the model number SGH-I187.
The device was spotted on GFX Bench and according to the numbers, the SGH-I187 will sport a display resolution of 1280×720, which is more or less standard when it comes to Windows Phone. However its lack of a Full HD display has also suggested that this device will not be part of the GDR3 lineup of Windows Phone handsets which are expected to sport Full HD displays as the update will support that resolution.
Apart from a model number, an operating system, and a possible display resolution, the rest of the phone remains something of a mystery, but it is possible that this particular device could be slated for US carriers due to its model number. The test results have shown that this phone is a little faster than the Samsung ATIV S and the HTC 8X, but is slightly slower compared to the Nokia Lumia 920, so the type of hardware you might be able to expect shouldn’t be too hard to guess. We’ll keep our eyes peeled for more info so check back with us at a later date for the details.
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year