Earlier today, we did mention a possible rumor of how Samsung could very well introduce the first Tizen device later this coming October, and here we are with additional word on such a possibility. In fact, I guess one would say that this is closer to a “confirmation” than anything else, as a bug report page on the Tizen project website did mention that Japanese mobile carrier NTT DoCoMo already has a Tizen smartphone in the pipeline which carries the model number SGH-N055. Having said that, don’t you think that it is rather strange for Samsung to rely on “SGH” as a model number for a Tizen device? The device in question was mentioned by a user on a bug report’s comments section, touting that the “SGH-N055, docomo version, does not have this bug,” which further points out that this particular device is already being tested by third parties.
Well, chances are pretty high that we will most probably be able to check out the SGH-N055 get announced at Samsung’s developer conference, with a possible launch date sometime happening in November or December, although one would not rule out the rumored October release date, either. So far, specifications and hardware bits and pieces of the Tizen device remains unknown.
Next Story: Blizzard Trademarks 'The Dark Below'
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-03-17: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo SDK Released
- 2014-02-24: 'Too Early' For Tizen Smartphone: Samsung co-CEO [Report]
- 2014-02-23: Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Run Tizen