It was just yesterday when we talked about Samsung’s Tizen-powered handset, the Samsung SM-Z9005 which will run on a Qualcomm chipset while sporting a 720p display, clearly making it on the edge of the mid-range/high end smartphone market. Well, here we are with word of yet another Tizen-powered device from South Korean conglomerate Samsung, in the form of the Samsung SM-Z9006. Yeah, I know, the model names are pretty much similar in nature, so could it just be a variant?
The specifications of the Samsung SM-Z9006 has been spotted thanks to the handset’s UAProf string on Samsung’s website. Apparently, this Tizen-powered smartphone will also be accompanied by a 720p display, although it remains to be seen just how large (or small) the display size will be. It will run on a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor as well, and we have no idea on whether this will be a dual-core or quad-core device. Ever wonder why Samsung did not decide to use their very own Exynos processor and potentially save costs? Perhaps it is because Snapdragon has LTE capabilities, and hopefully, more will be revealed in due time – including leaked images, of course! Would you pick up a Tizen powered device, or prefer one of the more established mobile operating systems out there?
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-03-17: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo SDK Released
- 2014-02-24: 'Too Early' For Tizen Smartphone: Samsung co-CEO [Report]
- 2014-02-23: Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Run Tizen