Recent reports indicate that the smartwatch wars are about to begin. The market is already catered to by crowdfunded creations such as the Pebble and Agent smartwatches, whereas Sony has also released its own timepiece a few months ago. Samsung has already confirmed that it is indeed working on a smartwatch, and many of us are curious as to what the Korean manufacturer has up its sleeve. Recently three Samsung patents, filed between March and May in Korea, have been discovered. They might offer a few hints about the Samsung smartwatch.
The Samsung smartwatch might have a flexible display, images from the patent also reveal Android style controls in the middle. It may also have a USB port, a power button as well as a speaker and a microphone. Nothing is known about the internal specifications as yet. It is imperative to keep in mind that companies don’t always develop everything we patent, for all we know this particular smartwatch design may never make it to the production stage. Perhaps we’ll come to know for sure in September, when Samsung is rumored to unveil its timepiece at the IFA conference in Berlin.
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device